The scope of the project was a full refurbishment of the internal apartment complex, encompassing three levels that included the common areas, living rooms, and hallways. The project involved removing and replacing the carpet, upgrading of electrical fittings, updating the lighting throughout, installing feature wallpapers, and repainting all ceilings, walls, trims, and doors.
- Both the scale of the project and the number of sites that were being simultaneously handled by the client’s project manager meant that there was inadequate time to manage a new project of that scale and complexity effectively.
- The project needed to be delivered in stages to minimise the impact on the elderly residents of the facility.
- Effective site management was required to maintain a constant state of safety that removed all trip hazards for the elderly or those with poor eyesight.
- The client found it hard to get quotes from contractors.
Solution Zhoosh Provided:
- Scoped and prepared a project specification clarifying the client’s requirements.
- Using our pre-approved contractor list, we successfully obtained competitive market pricing from our existing contractors. These are trusted tradesmen with which we have established long-standing relationships.
- Project managed the refurbishment. We liaised with all of the participating trades while coordinating the relevant works packages. This allowed us to deliver the project as planned while meeting the client’s requirements and expectations.
- Provided a clean site that was ready for the client to move their furniture into, thus meeting the project deadline and enabling the intake of new residents.
- Maintained a clean and safe site with no reported injuries to any of the residents and contractors on site.
Client: Oceania Health Care
Project Size: 2150m2