The scope of the project included the complete refurbishment of the interior rooms and hallways of the aged care facility wing. The work included removing and replacing the carpet, upgrading of electrical fittings, renewing and improving the lighting throughout, and repainting all ceilings, walls, trims and doors. Additional work included the installation of new plumbing fittings, removal of old vinyl flooring, and replacement with modern timber skirtings.
- The client was based in Wellington and was unable to manage a project of that scale from a distance effectively.
- The scheduled move-in dates for incoming residents created a compressed deadline.
- The client found it hard to get quotes from contractors.
- Scoped and prepared a project specification clarifying the client’s requirements.
- Using our pre-approved contractor list, we successfully obtained competitive market pricing from our existing contractors. These are trusted tradesmen with which we have established long-standing relationships.
- Project managed the refurbishment. We liaised with all of the participating trades while coordinating the relevant works packages. This allowed us to deliver the project as planned while meeting the client’s requirements and expectations.
- Provided a clean site that was ready for the client to move their furniture into, thus meeting the project deadline and enabling the intake of new residents.
- Maintained a clean and safe site with no reported injuries to any of the residents and contractors on site.