Zhoosh was engaged by Colliers International to refurbish a well-known building in central Wellington at 94 Manners Street, Wellington. The Wellington building centrally located in the heart of Wellington required a small refurbishment to make it more attractive to potential tenants. Zhoosh helped the client with external facade painting, steel canopy rust treatment and painting, upgrade to the interior and external lighting, new suspended ceilings and full internal repaint.
The building refurbishment was done in two stages, firstly the interior was completed. Zhoosh worked with the existing tenants to ensure minimal disruption and developed a project program for the building refurbishment that would accommodate all the stakeholders involved.
In the second stage, the exterior building refurbishment and renovation was completed. Zhoosh worked with the Wellington council to obtain the required traffic management consent that would allow us to install a scaffold on the footpath and temporarily close one of the bus lanes down Manners Street. The building refurbishment was done over 3 weeks.
- The client required a professional company to design, specify and project manage the building refurbishment on their behalf.
- The site was to remain open therefore key consideration had to be given to site health & safety.
- The client required someone that could understand the project brief and could develop a project refurbishment scope that met with the client’s budget expectations.
- Scoped and prepared a project specification clarifying the client’s requirements.
- Using our pre-approved contractor list, we successfully obtained competitive market pricing from our existing contractors. These are trusted tradesmen with which we have established long-standing relationships.
- Project managed the Wellington building refurbishment project. We liaised with all the participating trades while coordinating the relevant works packages. This allowed us to deliver the project as planned while meeting the client’s requirements and expectations.
- Maintained a clean and safe site with no reported injuries to any of the residents and contractors on site.
- Maintained effective communication between all parties involved including the landlord, head office and office manager